Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kluth Von Reuter


Two of my most brilliant friends, the multi-talented Bay Area artists Mary Anne Kluth & Bryan Von Reuter make up just about the most culturally perceptive couple around, sponging up all that is interesting, thought-provoking, annoying, or plain amusing in the world. When they tell me about something, I usually want to hear about it. For the past several months they have been offering this service to the world at large on their blog Kluth Von Reuter which they describe as "what we looked at on the internet today." It's a worthy perch to rest an elbow on during your daily travels on the internet: go check it out.

One of today's entries was on the try-outs for a (possibly) upcoming Bravo reality show--like Project Runway for art kids. My "Best postironic conceptual gambit in under a minute?": call the show "15 Minutes" and literally give every contestant fifteen minutes of screentime with which to do whatever they wish. No competitions, no prizes, just FAME.


Images: top by Kluth, above by Von Reuter

2 comments:

Olga said...

Hi, I have enjoyed visiting you and reading your blog. Check out my movie label: http://whereareyouolga.blogspot.com/search/label/movies

Eddie Hardy said...

Thanks for the kind words, Olga. I'll be sure to check your blog out.